- Carolyn Rogers
- I write to encourage knowledge of God through searching of Scripture.
- I illustrate Scripture to introduce others to Christ.
- Volunteer Teacher:
The Lord’s Prayer, 2016
The Lord is My Shepherd, 2015
CDF Freedom School®, with Village of Promise; Huntsville, Alabama.
- Guest Speaker: 2010, Natural Helper Recognition Program, Reclaiming Futures, Montgomery County Juvenile Court, Dayton, Ohio.
- Home School Teacher: 2003–2012, Taught elementary curriculum; fifth and sixth grade art classes. Developed and implemented a five-day Vacation Bible School curriculum, including basketball skills practice. Volunteer teen group facilitator for grief recovery program. Horse barn volunteer.
- Freelance Writer: 1994-1998, Dayton Daily News.
- Technical Writer: 1990-1994.
- Degree: 1984, BA in Journalism, Andrews University.
- Milky Way galaxy: “Dark, heavy clouds came up and clashed against each other. The atmosphere parted and rolled back; then we could look up through the open space in Orion, whence came the voice of God. The Holy City will come down through that open space.” Early Writings, page 41.
- “And that which they have need of, both young bullocks, and rams, and lambs, for the burnt offerings of the God of heaven, wheat, salt, wine, and oil, according to the appointment of the priests which are at Jerusalem, let it be given them day by day without fail: That they may offer sacrifices of sweet savours unto the God of heaven, and pray for the life of the king, and of his sons.” Ezra 6:9,10 KJV.
- Lifelong Learning: languages (French, Spanish, American sign language), loss and recovery, peacemaking process.
- Like: architecture, landscape gardening, travel, American colonial and civil war history, quilting.
- Don’t like: Lima beans.
- Favorite authors: Holy Scriptures: Moses, Jeremiah, Zechariah, Luke, Peter, John; Mabel Earp Cason, Ron Chernow, Josephine Cunnington Edwards, Laura Hillenbrand, Greg Kincaid, Maureen Lang, Lois Lenski, David McCullough, Ralph Moody, Francine Rivers, Jeffrey Shaara, Michael Shaara, Irving Stone, Ann Tatlock, Laura Ingalls Wilder.